What is Shea butter?
Shea butter is one of the best natural products for skin. It is extracted from Shea seeds that grow in regions of the west of Africa. Shea butter is used in several fields, on top of which cosmetic field; as it is reach of vitamins and essential amino acids for the skin. Shea butter is characterized by its rapid absorption via skin that provides it with deep moisture, such effect last for long period of time.
Shea butter nourishes skin and is characterized by several benefits for skin, these are some of them:
- Stimulate the increase of collagen production
- Fight against appearance of aging signs
- Restore oil/sebum secretion balance
- Prevent the appearance of acne
- Treat periorbital dark circles
- Treat dehydration problems, e.g. eczema
- Treat itching and exfoliation
- Restore skin elasticity
- Shea butter is safe for all skin types as it doesn’t clog pores and doesn’t cause inflammation
Therefore, Shea butter is considered as one of the best natural materials used for skin, nail and hair care. It is named THE AFRICAN GOLD, as it is renowned for its usage in women beauty care routine thousands years ago.
Why Shea butter has to be 100% pure
When to choose a product of pure shea butter, be assured that it is 100% pure. Because blending shea with synthetic material can harm your skin. This may cause skin problems like allergy, inflammation or annoying acne.
Sometimes pure Shea butter is processed to reduce its odor, it is called then refined Shea butter. Such processing reduces its content of vitamins, especially vitamin A. Vitamin A in Shea butter is responsible for treating exhausted skin problems like inflammation and freckle, and skin renewal also. Thus affecting detrimentally on the efficiency of Shea butter.
Moreover, sometimes certain artificial moisturizers are added to pure shea butter. Though being a hydrating material, it is not safe for all skin types and may cause inflammation. Also, artificial moisturizers lack vitamins and amino acids, which will diminish the nutritive effect of shea butter on skin.
Shea butter source and the way of its usage:
Firstly, you ought to know the virgin Shea butter source and the way of its extraction from Shea seeds, this will help you understand properly the properties and characteristic features of unrefined pure Shea butter:
Shea butter is extracted manually from seeds of Vitellaria paradoxa tree, the native habitat of this tree is the west of Africa.
Shea butter extraction process is a multistep one, which includes: collection, cleaning, sorting, drying and finally grinding the dried seeds to paste blended with water later. The paste is blended manually to collect the butter that is already separated on the surface of the mixture like sour milk. Afterwards, the Shea butter is melted in butter oil then filtered and the process ends by cooling the end product. This long manual process ends with pure Shea butter that has a smoky sent and silky texture/touch
There are 3 differences distinguish pure Shea butter from refined/processed Shea butter:
- The scent: pure Shea butter has the scent of smoked nuts, while refined one has the scent of chemicals or plastic
- The color: pure Shea butter color is yellow or pale yellow, while refined Shea butter is white in color.
- The texture: pure Shea butter has homogenous, easy to spread texture and it melts in room temperature, while refined Shea butter texture is nonhomogeneous, tend to have solid fragments.
Benefits of pure Shea butter
- Supply skin with vitamins and essential amino acids
- Promote collagen production
- Prevent appearance of wrinkles and fine lines [aging signs]
- Help treatment of stretch marks
- Help in treating dry skin problems like eczema
- Help in treating inflammations due to dryness, itching and harmful sunlight
Use pure Shea butter as it’s safe for your skin and get rapid moisturization for long time.
To achieve best results it is recommended to:
- Use it continually, at least once a day
- Use it shortly after shower with warm water, to make sure that skin pores are opened for adequate moisturization
- May be used prior to sleep and washed next day in the morning
- May be used in the morning after face wash
- In case of using Shea butter for foot care: apply it at night prior to sleep and wear a socks, the next day wash your feet and dry it gently.
Order Shea Butter Pure from Shea Butter and choose the suitable size and price for you
Delivery within few days